SOLD!

• Author

This rod was restored by a rod builder in Arkansas. He started with an American-made South Bend #323 keeping only the cane rod and the ferrules. Everything else is new. It is a 5-6 wt. The reel seat hardware is uplocking and made of stainless. The seat itself is olive wood burl and is very attractive. New cork handle. New guides w/ hook keeper. Beautiful finish on the bamboo. Comes with hand-made bamboo plug to protect the female ferrule while stored. The rod is 6′ in length making it a great creek rod where space is limited. I use it mostly on Canyon Lake and have no trouble reaching out there when needed. It takes down to 2-pieces and has 2 tips. This was done in the old days so that if you were into heavy fishing on multiple days you could give one tip a “rest” while you use the other one. Also included is a hand-made custom fitted Orvis style bag and an aluminum tube. The cap on the tube has a mayfly etched into it for a final nice touch to a beautiful rod. I live on the south side of Canyon Lake between Sattler and Startzville. Email me (jhansen1951@gmail.com) with questions or to arrange to come take a look. Will send photos on request. $250 or possibly a trade for whatever. Why am I selling? I bought 2 rods from the same guy and only use one of them.

October 1, 2020 at 7:34 pm #11373

I know the builder in Arkansas (rodsmith mike) I believe. ? He does a beautiful job and I have bought some South Bend parts from him. I didn’t know he ever made a 6 foot rod? Every one I have seen were 7.5 ft..

October 2, 2020 at 9:05 am #11396

Martin,  The rod was 6′ exactly.  It sold quite some time back now.  I have another of Mike’s rods and it is indeed 7’6″.

John

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.