Raft frame, tubes and accessories

GRTU Member Portal / Forums / Flyfishing / For Sale / Raft frame, tubes and accessories

• Author

Parting with some of my adventure equipment and looking for a GRTU member that might make good use of it.

I have a 14′ cataraft frame made by Down River Equipment.  The frame has custom built floors and decks made of fiberglass laminated plastic honeycomb that is high strength and very light weight.  This frame and the floors/decks was made to be disassembled for fly out trips in Alaska.  There are custom made bags for all of the frame parts for transportation.  I traveled with this boat in a 5th wheel trailer and flew it out on multiple wilderness float trips.  I also floated the Guad in it numerous times, at flows up to 1500 cfs.

I’m selling the frame, floors and decks for $1,000.

But, along with the frame, I will give you the 14′ Colorado Headwaters tubes.  These tubes have a lot of seam tape that has come loose and needs to be repaired.  They hold air but a soap test indicates that there are some pinhole leaks where the seam tape has come loose.  So, I’m not selling the tubes, I’m throwing them in with the frame.  You can either repair the seams on these tubes or buy new tubes to put on this frame.  Either way, this is a bargain for somebody who knows whitewater rafts and frames.  The frame is a large frame for 14′ tubes or would also work on 16′ tubes.  The frame is very much like the current Downriver DESO 5-BAY CATARAFT FRAME XD with a casting brace, cooler, custom floors and deck, captains bags and a bunch of accessoried

I have some pictures of the boat when it was fully assembled and some of the frame and tubes as they are currently.  If you e-mail me, I’ll send you photos

These boat will take some work to get back in full working and adventure condition.

Jeff Schmitt

GRTU Past President and Alaska Adventurer

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.